In our house we love Gummy Bears, Gummy Worms, Swedish Fish - basically anything chewy and fruity. I myself can put away a bag of gummy bears or Swedish Fish in one sitting. They.are.addictive.
When I came across a recipe for gummies, I thought we HAVE to try this because we can make any flavor we want! I had a silicone gingerbread man mold that I purchased quite a few Christmas' ago. Every year during Christmas cookie baking season, I swear I'm gonna use it to make something, but it just never happens. This was the perfect mold and made a unique gummy shape.
- 1 package of Jello (3 oz.). We used Cherry.
- 7 envelopes of unflavored gelatin. I used Gelatine brand and it comes 4 per package. It's by the Jello.
- 1/2 cup of cold water
- Mix everything in a sauce pan. Off the stove, I let my little guy mix everything. It will be thickish.
- Heat over low until the mixture is liquid and melted.
- Pour into mold. I didn't allow my little one to do this because the mixture is HOT.
- Put in fridge or freezer and allow to set up.
- Pop out of mold and eat!
Craft stores have a terrific selection of candy molds and silicone baking pans. There's no need to oil the molds beforehand and clean up of the molds is simple.